Woot!
Some of you may already know of an amazing website called Woot.com. It's a site that provides items to its consumers at rebates up to 80% off (this value is not fact, I just made it up but it is an educated guess). The catch is it only has one item per day, or one "deal." These deals are of all types, but there seems to be a definite skew towards electronics. I have seen, more often than not, LCD TV's (all sizes), Computers (Lots and Lots), and iPod accessories. If you are not into these types of items, there is still hope. In todays woot-off, which I will get into later, I saw two large bags of pichacios for $18.00. Yes friggin nuts! As well as many other things such as; a grill set, universal remotes, mp3 players (usually not ipods, but there was an ipod touch in the woot-off today), and miscellaneous other items.

Anyway, I have been a loyal woot member for around a year now and try to check the site daily. Usually the items are things that are unnecessary for my life, but are definitely always good items. However, when I see the woot-off lights (as pictured above) I get excited. A woot-off is a great invention of commerce that has boosted this site into an almost consumer cult. The woot-off is a day of deals. Instead of only one deal, the deal will change after a period of time, or until they are all sold out. You have to hurry to purchase something, or you may miss it. This makes for an exciting day. The real catch with a woot-off though is not all the amazing deals. It is in fact a bag-0-crap as termed by the woot community. These bags-o-crap only show up on these amazing woot-off days, and are sold at a low price of $5. Why buy a paper bag for $5? Because you never know what you are going to recieve. The majority of these bags included random things the woot has laying around. I have seen many contain off-brand MP3 players, T-shirts, pens, and other random things. However, usually a few amazing prices get shipped to lucky bag-o-crap purchasers. I am talking about 42" LCD TVs! Check on youtube for proof of these amazing prices. Everyone watches the woot-off diligently for their chance to buy a bag-o-crap, because they get sold out almost instantly! This woot-off sold 1500 bags in just mere seconds...

Over the year time that I have been watching woot.com I have purcahsed a few items. The first major purchase was a Panasonic Computer Sound System. It was not during a woot-off so I had plenty of time to research the item. After watching many videos and reading reviews, I decided to purchase the $400 system for a mere $150. That is a saving of nearly 30%. The system is amazing. It has incredible sound as well as a great bass. The only problem with it was the mechanical volume control on the speakers. It just doesn't work well, so I have resorted to changing it directly on my computer. Oh, and the speakers have lights on them that change with visualizations that show up on music programs like windows media player. It is really cool in the dark, and perfect for setting the mood for anything. I have included a link to a youtube video so you can get a feel for my amazing deal.



The second and third purchase came in today's woot-off. The first thing that caught my eye was a Flip digital camcorder. I thought, hell I could use this to record digital blog posts, and drunk people at parties ;). It looked sleek, modern, and pretty cool. I didn't have a lot of time to research, due to the woot-off, so I bit the bullet and purchased it for $65 compared to competing prices from other sites of $150. There were a few color choices, but I ended up purchasing the orange model, as pictured to the left. The cool thing about this camcorder is there are no wires, no tapes, no nothing. Everything you need is directly on the camcorder. When you are done recording you plug it directly into your USB on your computer and start uploading the video. The one downfall is the space for only 60 mins of recording, but I can't imagine using more than an hour before uploading to a computer. The picture quality isn't perfect in the dark, but looks just fine in good lighting. Oh and this thing is the size of my 3G cell phone! I "could" carry this thing with me at all times, so I don't miss a thing. Maybe I'll capture some amazing video, and get paid to send it to that Spike show "Amazing Videos" or whatever its called. Hell that makes this an amazing investment! Man I love woot, but it can easily make you buy things that you would not have otherwise purchased. Hell its good for the economy, yes?


Flip Manufacturers Page


My last purchase was for my brother. We are both huge gaming fans, so when I saw the Razer Lachesis Gaming Mouse for $30 I instantly texted him to let him know. I would have bought it for myself but I already have a Logitech G5 mouse (right picture), which is a very good mouse. He was in class, so he told me to order it for him. I bought the $80 mouse for $30 and was very pleased with Woot.com once again. For those of you non-gamers out there, I recommend picking up a gaming mouse. You will be amazed at the ease and precision of these mice. They will surpass any mouse you are currently using. Most of the time I am using the G5 as a normal mouse. Rarely do I play FPSs on the PC, so you have no excuse about not picking up this type of mouse, besides that they are on average $20 more than you would pay. It is entirely worth the extra cash though.

One thing about woot, and undoubtedly how they make money, is there "refurbished" items. Refurbished is a term created by marketing to mean a few things. There is no official definition, but it means the item has either been repaired, or simply repackaged. Have you ever brought something back to the store? Maybe it was faulty, maybe just something you didn't really need? Well that is where refurbished comes from. The items get sent back to the manufacturer to be repaired, and they must sell them at a lower price. This is where woot comes in. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of new items on woot as well. Also, you can purchase these refurbished items with ease because the manufacturers back them entirely. If you do end up having problems when you get your item, you can contact the manufacturer to replace it. Hell, hope for it to break so you can get a new one for the same low low price! Just thought I'd fill you in, so you don't get disappointed. Don't let it scare you away however!

I hope I opened your eyes to Woot.com, or even the products that I have purchased.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this blog.
0 Responses

Post a Comment

[URL=http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/heroes/219731234][IMG]http://cdn.battlefieldheroes.com/signatures/219731234/1[/IMG]Player profile at BattlefieldHeroes.com, Free Shooter Game[/URL]